We recommend that you clean each Flockmen piece regularly and throughly to prevent the spread of bacteria.
When it's time to clean Flockmen, try to wipe with a dry cloth first. If a damp cloth is needed to remove dirt, moisten the cloth just a little. When finished cleaning, wipe away the moisture and let Flockmen air dry.
Soaking in water is never recommended as this can cause swelling and make toys look fluffy. However, if that is the case, it can almost always be easily fixed by a very fine sand paper and hand polishing.
- Avoid leaving your Flockmen outdoors for long periods. Water damage can lead wooden toys to swell and grow old too soon.
- Sand down any rough areas with fine sand paper if the wood has been broken or scratched.
- Remember that water is the enemy - never soak a wooden toy that will absorb water.
- NEVER clean wooden toys with furniture polish. Furniture polish contains toxic substances that may be harmful if swallowed by children.
- NEVER use harsh detergents or chemicals that can be absorbed by the wood.